BootsnAll Travel Network



feel the burn!

ok so as you guys can probably guess from all the pictures, we’ve been doing a lot of eating on this trip. don’t worry, we’re also doing a LOT of walking. we’ve even made a pact to take stairs instead of elevators and escalators whenever possible, and that’s pretty often since aung lives on the 8th floor of her condo and we’ll be staying with her a lot of the time we’re in thailand. and in hong kong, we had the famous yen wah steps right out the door from kirsten’s apartment – we did all 180 of them at least twice a day! (good thing we’ve got nightly thai foot massages to take care of our tired feet!)

every single day brings a new culinary adventure for us… i personally made it my goal to try the spiciest thai food that i can find since we’re in thailand (when in rome…right?) i LOVE it! you can find the best curries, satay sticks, stir fry, noodles, fresh fruit and more just about anywhere you go. there are more food stalls lining the streets in bangkok than there are ABC stores in waikiki! it’s crazy, but in a good way of course! =) i always eat the thai chilis with each meal until i can’t stand it anymore and my upper lip breaks a sweat. i’ve gotten to the point where i can handle quite a bit of heat and i can even taste the actual flavor of the pepper over the heat of the seeds. my goal is to be able to eat a whole one by the end of the trip. =)

jess has been pretty good about trying the spicy stuff too, but her culinary goal is a little different… she wants to try everything and i mean EVERYTHING. in fact, she searches out the weirdest stuff whenever we go out to eat… check out her latest culinary adventure below from our time in chonburi. if you liked the live fish video from hong kong, you’ll like this one too…



Tags: , ,

11 responses to “feel the burn!”

  1. Eric says:

    Haiku:

    If da Buggah’s fried,
    Should be crispy and ono.
    Eat em up Titas!

  2. Kim says:

    jess…you’re such a trooper! i love it! =)

  3. admin says:

    oh my god eric, how cute you and jess both speak haiku. haha. =)

  4. Mom says:

    Loved all the Bangkok photos and Jess’ haiku too…also the Couch Surfing piece on Tim’s blog….so many exotic images! Miss you. Mom

  5. Eric says:

    Aung has a GREAT screen presence! She would make a great travel channel host. And you are very good at writing.. You should consider travel journalism! And Jess should consider Fear Factor!

  6. Jasmine says:

    whew, malia! my mouth was burning just by reading this.

    Jess is soo cute! i like your friend too. haha. its better than orgasm. ahaha. so funny.

  7. kimi says:

    Love it! I think we need to see a video of Malia trying something crazy now!

    “when in Rome…”

  8. kimi says:

    I’ve watched this thing like 4 times now! I laugh every time…Aung is really funny and I love how Jess does her sad little attempt at a “yumm/umm” after eating the grasshopper…too funny. good job! Malia-eat something!

  9. justin says:

    Yeah! Jess… you’re my hero! =) so funny!

  10. wendy says:

    jess is such a trooper! aung actually has me convinced that i should try a grasshopper. malia, did you eat any crickets?

  11. Kevin says:

    🙂 Ok, I’m catching up on the blogs now Malia…taking it back to your first days there. Just got to say that those videos are priceless…..not to mention darn funny!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *