BootsnAll Travel Network



Who are our heroes?

When my friend Dan is around , all we do is watch the idiot box. Can’t wait for him to leave for Zurich. Actually, I love his company and our mutual movie taste. Right now am in the “I don’t want to think” category of movies. Perfect night for the friendly neighbourhood Spidy.

Spiderman, Superman modern heroes who embodied all the good we want to see in a mortal man. Do kids today still have any heroes. Who are the today’s heroes?


Even in real life I feel we lack the heroes of yesterday years. I remember reading about Martin Luther King. In India he was pretty well known for he was one of the followers of Gandhian principles. Something the Indians themselves were very proud of. Somebody out there a little man in the dhoti had inspired a black man to fight for the rights of his people through “ahimsa”.

I’m trying to think of the people I looked up and can’t seem to find any in my memory bank. We read about so many heroes in books, comics and movies but for the love of god where are they?

In my life time I can only remember Mother Teresa. Is it my memory or are we lacking the real heroes in our life today? Who is inspiring us?

I feel sometimes that we lack the inspiration to be selfless, be a part of something big, aspire to me more than we can be.

So tell me people who are your heroes? Who inspires you?



Tags:

One response to “Who are our heroes?”

  1. Chuck says:

    My friends are my heros. That is why I am friends with them – each one inspires me in a different way. Don’t look too far for heros – they are right next to you.