BootsnAll Travel Network



Reddy is ready…

My name is Madhu (well at least one of them..) and am off to SouthEast Asia and India starting May 23rd 2004. Finally, I gathered all the courage I had and made the first step towards this journey by quitting my job. It was a pretty sudden decision don’t really know what finally “did it” for me… though the idea of doing something like this has been festering for a long long time.

Why am I going travelling? Always wanted to do something like this and slowly i saw the possibilities of making this happen. I hope travel will bring out the “true” me and I will finally have to deal with her. I did’nt want to look back and say “I wish I had done that” so that’s why am doing it.

So far the plan is to hit Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam before heading to India to get pampered and live like a princess for couple of months with my folks there. Why Asia? and Why these countries? Well I have always been fascinated with Cambodia since I took a class about the country, its people and history in college and idea of seeing the sunrise over Angkor will keep me going. Am not expecting anything…so that what ever comes my way I will enjoy it.

So far have no concrete plans…but the rough outline is to head to BKK..stay few days..head south and hit the beaches before heading north to Chiang Mai and then crossing into Laos by the slow boat..then to Angkor and finally if time permits hit the Dragon’s Bay in Vietnam. But plans may change..when I know you all will too.

Keep in touch..email is still the same mreddy10@yahoo.com

Cheers!



Tags:

2 responses to “Reddy is ready…”

  1. Daniel says:

    Hi, good luck on your trip! I’m a bootsnall blog writer too, staying in Bangkok at the moment, not sure if I will still be there on the 23rd/24th of May, but if I am, would you like to meet for a coffee?

    Either way, if you are heading up Thailand, I would really recommend visiting the elephant conservation centre in Lampang – it was amazing!

    My blog is at

    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/dw

  2. raghu says:

    hi madhu
    best of luck for trip of south Asia, ihope that you will enjoy it. hope to see you india very soon,
    take care of yr heath
    love from all of us from hyd