BootsnAll Travel Network



Muni Transfers…

This has happended to be couple of times now. I don’t use the MUNI monthly pass because I usually walk the distance of 1 mile to and fro from my apartment most of the days. But, these days with the chilling cold ( yeah yeah its not Minnesota but this is cold for us!) I usually take the bus home.

You put in a $1.25 and you get a ticket or transfer as its called. I diligently put my money and take my transfer ticket. Yes sir! I do. I don’t short change MUNI which is already having problems with budgets.


Now there have been times when somebody getting off the bus will try and give me their transfer. This has happened to be couple of times. I’m not sure why they pick me out among the crowd but men and women alike will try to thrust their transfer ticket in my hand. Usually I say No thank you! and they look at me very strangely. Mutter something, bet they call me an ungrateful brat and go their way.

Finally, the other day I was in a very somber mood and didn’t refuse the gift. I walked into the bus, flashed the transfer and walked in. Darn it! I felt so gulity. I thought the whole bus was watching me, I expected any second the driver to say “you cheated”. He didn’t, but the increase in my blood pressure was enough to cause a little stir and a rush of color into my cheeks.

I was bad! I still haven’t changed that much.Still feel guilty at the smallest of things. But its good to know that isn’t it!



Tags:

One response to “Muni Transfers…”

  1. Chuck says:

    You’re a good person, Madhu!