BootsnAll Travel Network



Green Investing…

I know nothing about the world of Stock Market. Well, that’s not true I know a little more than the average Joe but not enough to be comfortable to do anything about it. Each time I get inspired to do something, make a little money with the little that I have. Investing is my opinion is not gambling but many disagree with me.

During the whole silicon valley boom I did’nt have money to invest so I never gained or lost. It was just not a option for me. Some brave souls borrowed against their credit and played the market, some gained while the other lost.

Today I was watching a show called Mad Money by Jim Cramer. Or its Joe.


He has a very flamboyant style while dishing out advice. His signature Booyah! is catchy. The show matches his style, people calling in seem to be just as enthusiastic. Today while flipping the channels I stoped at CNBC and stopped while Jim was reviewing the stocks in the restaurant business. From reviews on Starbucks to Chipotle’s he gave his “buy” recommendations.

Got me thinking, I have always wanted to be an investor. Even have a empty Ameri-Trade account. All I need to do is transfer some money, learn the system and then buy and sell. Simple no?

Its not a simple process unless you have a knack for it. I don’t and neither do I have the time to learn. On the other hand I feel strongly about investing in the right companies. I will never invest in Tobacco companies or the Exxon’s of the world. I want to invest right, in companies that are not only growing, make money for their shareholders but also feel a global responsibility to make a chance.

Sometimes I feel that restricts my options, I feel while making money one should not apologise. On the other hand I also know that if we all invested in companies who did more than just make money by hook or by crook then we all leave this earth a better place.

While reviewing the restaurants that Cramer recommended I thought about Non Vegetarians vs Vegetarians, Healthy food vs Fast food. So do I make a decision based on what I think is right or where the market is going. I think I need to do more research on Green Investing and see if there are firms out there who actually make this their business. Sensible and responsible investing. I like that. Me doing my part while I make a buck as well. Nothing wrong in that right.

OK I guess now I need to get going, do my research and report back. Hey people if you know any tips do share.



Tags:

Comments are closed.