BootsnAll Travel Network



From Chiang Mai…

Just wanted to let those of you who worry know I reached Chiang Mai safe and sound. I met a few interesting people since last night…a older Indian couple from New Delhi. I of course had to impress them with my Hindi and then I was talking this girl from New York who turns out to be a member of the the Boots network as well…waow..what a small world. I have read her blog and seen her messages on the boards. She seemed to remember my name as well and it seemed silly that a whole morning went by till we got to some serious travel talk and thus to Boots. Its strange that I have not been alone at all..I never believed when people said you will meet people on the road. I guess my past experience was not a backpackers one but I was hopping hotels than guesthouses.

The plan is to chill, learn some Thai Cooking and eat some as well. Mango and Sticky Rice..here I come..oh my mouth is watering just thinking of the tastes am going to have..sound like little Miss Piggy but what the hell..you only live once. Nothing more to report right now except..Chiang Mai is a mini Bangkok but more compact..but still daunting to some extent…but am doing fine and dandy thank you!



Tags:

2 responses to “From Chiang Mai…”

  1. Keri says:

    Madhu,

    This is an amazing account of your travels so far…makes me want to GO!

  2. Mandar says:

    Hi Madhavi!!

    Sounds like you’re having a total blast. Congrats on surviving that 11-day meditation thingy. (Do they give you a “I survived…” T-shirt? Okay, okay. I’m kidding.)

    Your “twisted” new philosophy sounds right-on! Another Yay! for you!

    I’m doing okay. Hangin’ in there. Life has been real tough lately. Had to spend a couple of days in Vegas, followed by a long-weekend in Hawaii (Oahu.) July 4th takes me on an Alaska-cruise. But don’t feel too bad for me. I’ve been working my ass-off too.

    Keep writing. Oh, and can you please tell me in English how I might add an RSS-feed from your Bootsnall blog to my blog.

    Cheers!

    –Mandar