BootsnAll Travel Network



Venezia

Venezia (21).JPG

The original plan was to go visit another one of Jesse’s friends who is studing in Florence but Luci and I convinced him to go to Venice. Florence is nice but Venice is truely unlike anything else in the world; plus, it is a shorter drive from Milan. We left early on monday the day after hiking out from the hut. We arrived in Venice around mid-day and went straight to the major sights. We decide that the best way to see the city and the surrounding islands was to buy a 24hr ticket for the Vaporetti, the Venetian style of public transpoprtation. We took a Vaporetto out to Murano, one of the other islands in the lagoon know for its glassworks. We watched a glass blowing demonstration and strolled around this smaller scale version of Venice.
Jesse left yesterday early. We still haven’t heard from him. Hopefully his flight went well.



Tags:

One response to “Venezia”

  1. Jen Henriquez says:

    Hi Luke & Luci,
    Just thinking of you today since I was writing a note to Abi Becker’s mom. Occurred to me today that it was been ten years since she died and that has been kind of hard… not having a good morning. Sorry to write about this on your message board (but also saw your note that it doesn’t seem that many people are reading it 🙂 I couldn’t remember your email address so I googled you guys and came up with this… pretty cool! Is Hazel Isaac’s daughter? She and Abby are so cute! I knew Asa was having a baby from a friend of a friend of Tommy’s ex-girlfriend, how weird is that. Sam is 3 1/2 now. He is a lot of fun and NEVER stops talking, mostly in English, few words here and there in Spanish. He only like to speak Spanish with other kids (otherwise he doesn’t get to play with them when we are in Panama!). John is in Panama for the summer building a bridge, Puente Centenario, 2nd bridge over the canal. Pretty neat, cable stayed bridge. Sam and I are living at 95 Goodwin road for the time being, occasional trips to Panama to visit John and for Sam to hang out at the construction sites… his favorite place to be. Might be going to NYC in the fall for John’s graudate school (still waiting on decision from NYU) or might be sticking around here to buy a house. Luke, did you just turn 30!? Oh my god! I hope you both are doing well. My email is jennifer.henriquez@comcast.net, so you can write back to me.