BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney

Opera House.jpg

Since we are only in the Sydney area for a few days we had to cram the whole city tour into a couple of hours. We took the bus in from the beach and did a walking tour of the downtown. Rather than judging the restaurant by it’s menu, Luci, flat out, refuses to eat Italian food “abroad”; meaning outside of Italy. Eating out to her means either Pad Thai, Fish and Chips or, Sushi. All of which I like, but can only eat so much. Owing to Australia’s large Italian immigrant population, I was finally able to keep Luci out of the sushi bar got her into a small Italian café. They served a typical dish from Milan, Cotolette Milanese, and she liked it.

The City Center reminds me a little of Minneapolis with it’s skyways linking buildings in the downtown area. We went on a mini wild goose chase looking for a travel agency that could sticker our return tickets to Italy…unsuccessfully. We got a comprehensive look at Sydney office life, though. We walked through the Sydney botanic gardens and walked around the Opera House. In case you were wondering, the façade is made up of a mosaic of tiles. We decided not to sample Sydney’s nightlife in order to save money. We made it back to our beach flat at Bondi Beach just in time for a massive thunderstorm to blast through.

Tomorrow we leave for Townsville. We have a flight on Australia’s low-cost airline Virgin-Blue. We have a hotel booked on Magnetic Island (named by Cook when his compass gave him strange readings as he passed).



Tags:

Comments are closed.