BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 7 – Corinth to Astros

Korinthos.jpg

Free Day! I have become preoccupied with the possibility of getting a flat. If we are inland on some dirt road and get a flat it would be very difficult to deal with especially considering we don’t have a center-stand on the bike to prop the wheels off the ground. So, first thing in the morning we went in search of a fix-a-flat device. We were lucky and found one on the first attempt. We took advantage of Modern Corinth’s shops to stock up on our food supply before heading south.

Once we were all squared away we began our free day with Ancient Corinth. Though the surviving monuments are mostly Roman it was still impressive; of particular note are the temple and the baths. Next we took the bike (and ourselves) up the hill to Akrokorinthos, a medieval fort overlooking ancient and modern Corinth. Its inaccessibility is imposing. We would like to have been able to explore more of it but we had to hit the road if we wanted to make it Mycenae before closing at 3pm.

By the time we got there I was getting tired and bored stiff of ancient sites. We got in free, took a picture of the Lion Gate, walked around and got out before they kicked us out. Then, we pointed our front tire south and rode to Astros where we camped at an expensive site with an attack goose and a mean dog that made noise all night.



Tags:

Comments are closed.