BootsnAll Travel Network



At Boccalatte

July Moonrise.jpg

We had our opening flight yesterday. We flew up two Helo bags worth of supplies; among which was a small grill. I set it up immediately and we hadd grilled sausages, zucchini, and red pepper. The 4th of July is just around the corner and this year it is not going to slip by unnoticed. All the shopping for the opening of the hut went very smoothly. We hiked up to the hut last weekend to put up gutters and get the water hooked up. We had a full house on Saturday and had to bring up the supplies on our back. On Monday we hiked out
and over to a friend’s hut for the night. On Tuesday we drove around to the various shops where we get supplies in Aosta. We are using a smaller car this year (a FIAT Punto) so we are not able to transport our own supplies to the Helo pad like we usually do. But we found out about this guy that takes care of ground transport for a small fee. It was cheaper than renting a truck to haul it all and was considerable less laborious than in previous years.
Yesterday we had beautiful weather for the flight. We flew up to the hut first so that we could unhook the sling-load. We had the rest of the day to ourselves unpacking and playing with all our new gadgets to keep us entertained for the summer. Last night’s moonrise was stupendous: almost full.



Tags:

One response to “At Boccalatte”

  1. Jim & Betty says:

    A beautiful moonrise, indeed! Called your mom today on her special birthday and they were headed for Vermont. We look forward to her (and maybe your dad’s) visit to MEM on the 13th. Your photography is outstanding. Especially do I like the picture from “above” the hut. Keep good news coming. Love to you both.