BootsnAll Travel Network



AM Commute to the Ice Runway

Morning Comute.jpg

The runway scene has been pretty relaxing. This is a picture of my morning commute. It is a great change from the 800+ people they are serving in the dining room these days. It is more relaxing but the day ends up being longer than the usual 10hrs 6days people work down here. The schedule usually doesn?t allow me the afternoons off to write and I have been sleeping-in in the mornings. Not too much new has happened this week anyway. There have been some flight delays and when it happens we have very few people eating out at our place.
I hadn?t really intended this to be a site dedicated to airplane pictures but that has sort of become my life here as I work at the largest airport on the continent. I plan to post pictures of all the aircraft we work with down here and that?s it. Here is one of a 141 upon take-off.

C-141 Lift-off.jpg

The C-130s are supposed to be arriving tomorrow along with a 141 and a 17. They arrived a few days ago in CHC. They are crewed by the NY Air National Guard. They will end up being our most dedicated customers at the Runway Galley when the Pole flight season begins. Also, the firemen, who are required to be at the airstrip 24 hrs a day, will be dining at our facility on a regular basis.
Here?s a preview of upcoming events: a day off coming up and if the weather holds up we are going for a hike out to Castle Rock over one of the glaciers that flow off Mt. Erebus; I just submitted my Search and Rescue volunteer form and am waiting for the call to go for the tryouts. No link today.




Comments are closed.