BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m Dabbling Happily In Other People’s Lives

It’s been almost two weeks since I wrote a blog and that’s because I have been having a very enjoyable time reading away, as well as immersing myself in three long-term friendships which have been on hold for sixteen years. I can’t help but feel that these activities have all come together as part of a larger plan because they have unfolded as naturally as the petals of a lovely flower opening up.

In addition to all that, I have been concentrating on the hothouse flower project of bringing my new book into reality, which has surprisingly become such a slow and delicate operation with so many small details that needed seeing to. For over a week, I proofed my final copy to make sure my edits were inserted correctly. Then I had to construct the index and add the page numbers, so that was also a tenderly careful duty. Hopefully, this marks the end of the production stage, which ran about six or even eight weeks longer than expected; and now we cruise into the printing process and finally a distribution arena. I have given up trying to promise a date to those who ask. All in good time, I tell them.

Today’s blog will focus on a very interesting life that has some parallels to mine.

My initial book marketing training has shown me how to locate other like-minded authors on the internet and I’m suddenly in the pipeline to receive notices of their hot-off-the press beautiful books. Just this minute, I’m a third of the way through reading Dr. Judith Orloff’s brand new book, Second Sight: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story And Shows You How To Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom – Amazon.com or her site: www.judithorloff.com .

Judith Orloff was a wild child in high school, very rebellious towards her conventional Jewish MD parents; into the Malibu Beach, California, drug scene, without much direction in life. She had been an intuitive child who forsaw deaths and tragic events and recoiled from certain people. This “weird” ability had been discounted and denied by all around her, especially by an overbearing mother who had only wanted her to be popular and acceptable. Fortunately, at seventeen, she almost died in a very strange auto accident which certainly should have killed her…a plunge from a twisting canyon road into a ravine below. Instead, she went into a “tunnel of serenity” and walked away from the accident unharmed. Many years afterwards, she discovered that this was a Near Death Experience.

In this book, she candidly reports the uncertain turns of her life which resulted in her discovering and beginning to respect her intuitive nature; only to have that pushed to the back burner by going through medical school and a psychiatry residency. Ironically, a Voice had told her in a dream that she should go to medical school, even though any sort of school was repugnant to her at the time. She was very intelligent and thrived at med school, though it took all of her energy and threw her wholly into the scientific-thinking world. 

Then, she conducted a practice for many years, ignoring any inner knowledge that might come sneaking back into her brain. That is, until the day when she had a clear impression that the patient on her therapy couch was planning to kill herself. She ignored that intuition and the patient went out and soon attempted suicide. The woman seriously messed herself up, but didn’t die and Dr. Orloff had an epiphany. No longer would she stuff that ability just because she was in a field where medical doctors didn’t cotton to those crazy theories of a non-scientific perception.

So she came out of the Intuitive Closet…as I have come out of my Clairaudient Closet with my own new book…and she started incorporating her “knowings and impressions” into her practice and writing books to help educate the public to this natural phenomenon. The book I’m reading is her fouth book now and she is very, very much in demand as an authority in this field, appearing frequently on major television shows. You may have heard of her.

But there she was, in the late 1960’s, a hippie, doing drugs and hiding a great fear that there was something seriously wrong and shameful about her; just because unexplained inner impressions came spontaneously to her mind. Now she is one of the front-runners in the movement that is causing this whole inner ability to be accepted by the general public and even by the more open-minded members of the medical community. After all, she IS one of them! They are much more inclined to listen.

That little red-headed rebel is paving the way for the rest of us! Thank you, so much, Dr. Judith Orloff!

Stay tuned…in a few days, I shall tell you about some other fascinating lives I am discovering.

Tags: , , , , ,



Leave a Reply