BootsnAll Travel Network



At Last, I Am A Published Author – Times Two!

At last, my beautiful new book, In Secret Diffusion: The Upper Realm Answers Questions About Earth, is in my hands! This second book of mine took a very, very long time to produce. But, it is finally a reality and so very beautiful that I forgive it for taking the slow boat. My proof copy arrived Monday night and I’ve been reading it ever since.

Real books read differently than computer screens or big page printouts, which is the only way I had seen my book during the months I was working on it or awaiting its appearance from the extremely-slow company, Outskirts Press of Parker, Colorado, that I had hired to do the cover and interior work on it. I’ll not go that route again, but will handle such operations myself.

Now I have placed my bulk order with my printer, Lightning Source, and by next week, will have books to send out to reviewers and to sell over my other blogsite, www.heyboomers.com, as well as my new under-construction website. Soon, there will be a way that you can order one for only $16.95, and then hold one of these beauties in your own hands. By mid-August, it will be sold by Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com, as well as in the bookstores all over the world, along with my first book, Hey Boomers, Dust Off Your Backpacks: Travel The World On A Limited Budget.

If you will recall, this second book is my twelve-year-long interview with The Holy Spirit about a wide variety of questions that I was curious about concerning human beings, our planet and its relationship to other worlds and dimensions. There are many points involving our constant natural questions about spirituality, birth and death, as well as ordinary life itself. It’s a very interesting read.

Next month, my new website covering the spiritual side of my life: insecretdiffusion.com, (not ready yet, I’ll let you know when to go there) will be up and running and you may pose any questions that you would like asked of The Holy Spirit. I will answer them in my blog there. And if they mount up enough, another book of questions could result.

So, things are really perking around here. I’m planning my big marketing push for this new book with a talented team of social media professionals who are expert at internet marketing and all those proliferating social media sites. Electronic Word of Mouth!

I’m also working on my third book, And Yet, A Little While, which is a new age fiction, in script form, with stories illustrating the themes of In Secret Diffusion . That will be the first of my series of “Movies For Your Mind” books, of which I have about six already written. This one is almost finished and the cover art is completed, so it will be ready to go to the printer in August.

My fourth book, also a movie script, is The Insatiable Sea, based upon the true story of my father’s attempt to sail around the world in 1935. I will be rewriting it for about the fourth time, because some salty advisers of mine, Rich and Sara Jamula, gave me some excellent suggestions about extending the story to make it even better. I can see exactly how to incorporate their ideas. All I need is a little bit of time to focus exclusively on the task.

Their 60-foot sailing craft is moored at Clearwater Beach while Rich fits new masts. They have lived aboard for the past twelve years and I met them recently when it occurred to me that they could give me tips on the seaworthiness of my story. Father’s manuscript was so complete that I seem to have translated the information in the dialogue and scripting without any goofs. However, the old captain in the story mentions that he is an “old shellback,” and Rich suggested that I capitalize on that nautical tradition which is pretty much unknown to most people these days.

He’s right! I started my research immediately with Wikipedia and learned that sailors receive the title of “Shellback” in an initiation ceremony when they have sailed across the equator, which the ship in my story does, as it sails from Pago Pago, Samoa, to Hawaii. This tradition of the sea dates back hundreds of years, and in the old, rough days, there was a great deal of hazing during this rite of passage. If you take a cruise today on a ship crossing the equator, there will most likely be some sort of ceremony making shellbacks of all the fancy passengers, but the real maritime significance is always between the seasoned sailors and the un-equatored Polliwogs, sailors who have never crossed before.

I have fictionalized some of the extraneous details of this true story for the sake of rounding it out from my father’s simple and personal point of view. So even though he and the other unfortunates aboard the disaster-ridden Seth Parker, were probably too busy keeping the ship afloat when they crossed the equator, I can employ the tradition to set up the actual mutiny which came a little later in the voyage. What a great suggestion Rich had! My cover art for this book is also ready and things will go rapidly as soon as I can do the new writing on this one too.

In an earlier blog, I spoke about needing to get all my mules moving along in their accustomed lineup. Now that I have the lead mule under my own supervision again, I’m seeing my way clear along the narrow path of authorship and book production.

Tags: , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply