BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m not a dimwitted country yokel who sleeps with my own mother…Get me out of here!

My first blog. What a beauty!

Two weeks today and i will have my feet firmly back on terra firma after a dreaded day of flying…but instead of blighty, I’ll have finally arrived in sunny (fingers crossed) Oz.

Until then there’s much to do; choosing what to take (less is more), packing (all in the roll action apparently) and, most importantly, cramming in as many episodes of How Clean Is Your House as possible; keep up the good work Kim and Aggie.

Kim and Aggie (and random) sad to see me leave. Judging by the looks of them they’ve just heard i’m leaving. Bless em.

Anyway, i digress, until i begin my travels I’ll be in Grafty Green, a village in Kent that’s twinned with Manhattan i believe (and the two are uncannily similar, not least the annual cheese rolling competitions). Mrs Miggins who runs the village shop can expect a big hug from me when i leave. God bless her pies and scotch eggs.

Book currently reading:
‘The Master and Margarita’ by Mikhail Bulgakov…thanks to my sister for buying me the Pengiun ‘Banned Books’ collection which had this in. It’s a Soviet novel from the 30s which was banned due to its (hidden) political undertones.

As a side note the collection also has a number of books banned in the U.S. including ‘Of Mice And Men’ which has been subjected to almost constant censorship attempts within the U.S. since it was first published. Most recently it was under review in Illinois in 2003. Land of the Free my a**e!

For the rest of this post please go here.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *