BootsnAll Travel Network



A sigh in Chiang Mai

Originally i had planned to beetle on back to Bangkok to meet Sam and Ruth who were flying out from blighty to meet me. I had a few days to spare however and Leila and Alice were heading up north to a city called Chiang Mai. Plus the Israeli’s we had met were known to be in the vicinity. It all seemed a more promising venture than moping around the Khao San road for a third time by myself.

The travelling trio left the national park the way we entered, in the back of a pick-up truck. Despite the best efforts of the driver we reached the bus station just in time to see our next form of transport veer round a corner into the distance. After some peddle-to-the-metal we caught up, flagged down the bus and jumped on hoping we could now relax and catch up on some much needed sleep. I don’t know about other people but i can sometimes find it difficult to sleep with drops of water splashing on ones head every 2 or 3 seconds. Equally a wet seat does not suggest to me an adequate surface to snuggle down upon. Alice is a little less demanding than me and promptly fell asleep – it would also appear she swallowed some bullfrogs during the night which refused to be quiet once her eyes closed.

For the rest of this post please go here.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *