BootsnAll Travel Network



Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, r.i.p. camera

Today I spent driving around the Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island with a few other  people staying at the hostel.  The weather was wet in the morning, dry later on but cool and windy enough to need a jacket all day.  The coastline is nice, but not quite as appreciated by me as much after just being on the great ocean road especially since the weather was overcast and chilly.

London Bridge

Phillip Island is home to fur seals and little blue penguins, but these areas are extremely over commercially developed with massive new building with exhibits in them and the opportunity to see the penguins come in from sea at night costing $25, an absurd amount in my opinion.  Having seen these penguins for free in large numbers in New Zealand I did not give them any money here.

The day did not have a happy ending as while we were exploring one beach on the island, my awesome Canon A720 camera slipped out of my pocket into the water.  I don’t know how, it was in the same pocket of my jacket I always keep it in with no previous issues, but it did!  My memory card survived but it was the end of camera dammit.  Now I have to find a camera I like and buy it as quickly as possible, taking time and money, too much of both.  I’m planning to be in the Grampians on Monday and I have to have a camera when I’m there. 
Here’s the last picture of the aprox 5000 I’ve taken on the camera…

Smith beach



Tags: ,

5 responses to “Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, r.i.p. camera”

  1. Bonochick says:

    Aww, I’m so sorry to hear about your camera! At least you were able to salvage the memory card though!

  2. Kat says:

    are there pictures of the blue penguins? I didn’t see them. Would it be cheaper to have a camera sent?

  3. Adam says:

    no I didn’t go to see the penguins, since I saw them for free in New Zealand.

    I dont have time to wait for shipments of cameras from the US, and it would probably be the same price anyway. I’ll probably buy one here tomorrow…

  4. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally? Taking time and actual effort to make a very good article? But what can I say? I procrastinate a lot and by no means seem to get something done.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.