BootsnAll Travel Network



Days 43-45: Hangin’ Loose in Noosa

Noosa is a fairly posh resort town that also has some nice surfing. So you get lots of people wearing white pants and shirts (you know the type) rubbing elbows with sandy dudes carrying surfboards to the point. We spent the Anzac Day (similar to our Memorial Day) weekend there with a few hundred Harley Davidson fans.

This is one of the few places we booked a couple of days in advance because of the holiday weekend. We felt really sorry for the young backpackers who arrived late saturday evening with every place in town booked. And the bus station was outdoors. And it was raining.

We did some hiking in the Noosa National Park. On the way into the park we passed this sign.
koalawatch.jpg

A few feet further along, this guy came down the rail towards us, struck a pose for the camera and continued on his way.
koala2.jpg

It was a nice sub-tropical rainforest (which Marcus just figured out means that it is south of the Tropic of Capricorn). We found the coolest mushroom – this lacey red mushroom ball thing that might be called a Christmas Bell, but we’re not sure.
christmasbell.jpg

Out at Hells Gate (the point) the winds were so strong that Kelly caught some air.
catchinair.jpg

At the information center they kept track of where people were from; there were remakrably few ticks in the North America column (did you know that Canada was not part of North America? It had its own column and it was well represented).

On another totally random note: the potato wedges are served with a chili sauce and sour cream mixture, rather than ketcup. 😛



Tags:

Comments are closed.