BootsnAll Travel Network



Days 153-170: Myanmar Critters

We were very impressed by the critters in Myanmar – particularly the bugs. In particular, we found THE GREATEST BUG EVER!

No, this isn’t the Greatest Bug Ever. But it was still neat.
c_armor.jpg

c_beige.jpg

Really cool black and white beetle from Inle Lake. Those feet are particularly neat.
c_blackwhite.jpg

Lots of butterflies in Myanmar. But as usual, very hard to get them to sit still for pictures.
c_bluebutt.jpg

c_butterfly.jpg

These chameleons where all over Mandalay. There seemed to be exactly one on each tree. We don’t think blue was a good choice of camouflage.
c_chamelian.jpg

The grasshoppers in Myanmar seemed particularly colorful. This guy was a very bright green.
c_greengrass.jpg

This might have been a cicada – we heard them occasionally – but looked more like a showy grasshopper.
c_yellowgrass.jpg

This beetle had a fondness for Kelly’s hair. Too bad it wasn’t reciprocated.
c_hairybug.jpg

We’re not sure if you can tell what kind of butterfly will emerge from a caterpillar, but our bet is on a monarch.
c_monarch.jpg

Kelly thought these red bugs all over Bagan were really cool until she counted the number of legs.
c_red_spider.jpg

Another 8-legged friend.
c_spider.jpg

These guys looked like punk pill bugs with a bunch of body piercings.
c_spikeybug.jpg

Hungry?
c_yellowblack.jpg

There were swarms of dragonflies everywhere in Myanmar.
c_yellowdragon.jpg

This is it! The Greatest Bug Ever! Marcus can’t get over how cool this bug is. The guide seemed to think the spikes were poisonous and we decided not to test the theory.
c_greatestbug.jpg



Tags:

2 Responses to “Days 153-170: Myanmar Critters”

  1. Ol' Swell Dad Says:

    I kinda liked the bug part of the blog better than the politics part…

    Sweet Bugs!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Mom Says:

    I found the politics to be very interesting, being a political scientist and all… Thanks for all the great info.

    Not to crazy about the bugs, but the butterflies are really cool!

    Hugs xoxoxo

  4. Posted from United States United States