BootsnAll Travel Network



wrapped in love

Dolls had not made it to the list of Things To Take With Us. Not even for the barely-out-of-toddler-hood pair of sisters. But how could we leave these behind?

One dark-haired, one blonde, just like our two little girls.

 

They are as small as Thumbelina, lovingly crafted from wool by Nova.

But, wait, that’s not all.

Not only did Nova make the dolls AND sew up two raincapes for these little girlies (the real girls, not the dolly-ones), but she made an up-sized mother-cape too.

I sew. But I don’t like to sew.
Hence, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Super-Nova-Sew-er agreed to take this job off my hands!!! Of course, I *could* have just gone out and bought a few jackets (as, indeed, we did for the other children), but there’s something satisfying about supporting local business, about meeting the person whose life is stitched together with your own. Besides, Little People grow ever-so-quickly…and these capes are designed to grow right along with them.
As for Rob, he’ll be buying *made in China*…when we get there!



Tags: , , , ,

2 responses to “wrapped in love”

  1. Viv says:

    Just beautiful.

  2. nova says:

    no problemo! an absolute pleasure in fact! 😀

    kicking myself for not hanging out with you guys more whilst you were just around the corner (or two) for the last couple of years, before you go skiving off for a year!

    ahh well, when you’re back i’ll invite myself round constantly, ok? 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *