BootsnAll Travel Network



What’s in ‘da Hood?

by Rob
Luang Prabang, Laos
 

Wats is around us? (Rach edits: I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be another one of the far-too-many-wat-jokes or if it was just a typo!!!!!) What does life look like in a 1km radius of our new “home”. We can buy baguettes, visit temples, watch the monks receiving their alms, buy barbecued anything, shop at the Hmong market, swim in the Mekong (well, we could if we wanted to, but did you see the photos of it a week back? It’s just a bit brown for our liking!), visit the museum, the post office, the ballet, the Telecom office, eat at any number of restaurants – from flash cafes to small road stalls, catch a tuktuk or riverboat, get our laundry done (for those times you just can’t face handwashing another pair of smelly socks shirt in a bucket) and much much more.

All the pics in previous Luang Prabang posts have been taken close to home, within a ten minute walk at most – here are a few more we haven’t used yet!


Yes, Mrs ButcherLady really is sitting on the table!!! Did you notice that?

Mboy6 sums up our enjoyment of this location; three days running he has said he could live here forever!!!!!



Tags: , , , , , ,

One response to “What’s in ‘da Hood?”

  1. Fiona Taylor says:

    I love the textiles you have photographed. The colours are wonderful. I have really enjoyed the comparisons you have written about lately. What a wonderful opportunity to learn so much language! Well done!!! The people you have stayed with have been amazing. Thank you for writing this blog. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *