BootsnAll Travel Network



this time it’s just a trip

Remember this?

Rob came home last night saying “I was in a meeting today and we were working out who to send up to China to deliver a programme next year”
He had put his hand up.
Of course noone thought he was serious.
What? 11 weeks away from your family?
No, I’d take them.
What? Take them to China? All of them?
Yeah, they’d love it.

We were meant to arrive in China in September.

Now, take a look at this:

Rob came home last night saying “I was in a meeting today and we still need someone to go up to China in February”
He had put his hand up……again.
I wasn’t sure if he was serious.
What? Leaving in under five months?
It would mean two summers in a row instead of two winters;-)
But ER mightn’t quite be toilet-trained.
We’ve done wilder things!

Grandpa sighed gently and said, “Tell me when we’re going and I’ll make sure I’m there”

You’ve got to love them both!

It was hard to concentrate on *overlapping objects* this morning…….it was easier to wonder if we would actually see the Mona Lisa rather than just read about it…….it’s very tempting to put The Children’s Education on hold for a day and concentrate my efforts on seeing if we could be ready in four months – not entirely impossible, I suppose. Once upon a time we got engaged, planned a wedding, sold all our earthly possessions and planned our open-ended trip to The Other Side of the World in exactly that time frame.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *