BootsnAll Travel Network



snowballing

An article in the local rag………then Rob’s real employer (not the one touted in the newspaper article šŸ˜‰ ) is sending an email round work encouraging colleagues to get behind “their man”……..simultaneously at my workplace (that would be home!)Ā the phone is ringing andĀ ONE News is lining us up for an interview on Breakfast (8:30 next Wednesday morning if you really want to watch)………and before we know it, people are donating money. We are both humbled and excited. Humbled because people are trusting us, excited that our adventure is already being used even more than we imagined to help others. And we haven’t even been on tv yet.

Anyway, *we* know that we’ll pass on every single cent channelled through us, but we thought a little transperancy and auditability might not be a bad idea to convince *you* of our intentions. If you click right here on these coloured words, you’ll be cyber-zapped away to a spreadsheet, which itemisesĀ the fruit on our moneytree with fairly anonymous details. If you have trouble working how which donate-er is you we can make you non-anonymous.

Last but not least, as Rob was walking out the door to hop on his trusty steed and cycle off to work this morningĀ he remembered he needed a family photo for a work publication…….the most recent one we haveĀ is exactly a year old and the youngest member has doubled her age since then,Ā one has lost four teeth, another has lost 15kg (yippee), all the kidlets have grown alarmingly…..in short, it was outdated. So we wiped homemade kiwifruit jam off faces, kicked off slippers and huddled on the deck for a photo shoot.
You’d trust us with your money, wouldn’t you?



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “snowballing”

  1. jen says:

    ill put your TV appearance in my diary
    and love the family portrait

  2. Wow. I’m impressed. I thought we were undertaking a logistical nightmare to attempt to ride our bikes from Alaska to Argentina with our ten-year-old twins – but that’s NOTHING compared to traveling with your massive group! (You can read about our journey at http://www.familyonbikes.org)

    I am absolutely thrilled that you are doing this – I only wish more families would take the plunge and go.

  3. rayres says:

    We *have* been reading your adventure! Getting close now!!! Our boys wish they were like yours – making a world record!!!!!!
    Totally agree – you’ve just got to do it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *