BootsnAll Travel Network



pity he doesn’t like papaya (silly boy)

by Mama, who adores papaya
Luang Prabang, Laos

We’re going to miss this family. We’ve been here just shy of three weeks, but it feels like we really are part of the family. Yesterday we were having lunch on the balcony when Papa signalled from his second-storey window for Jboy12 to go over and help him eat a plateful of papaya. Moments of joy etched in our memories.

And we move on….



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “pity he doesn’t like papaya (silly boy)”

  1. grandpabear says:

    papaya’s nice – especially with a lime squeezed over it. But if it had been mango, aahhhhh!

  2. Jenna Angove says:

    It’s funny, you have only been gone 2months but all the photos of the kids amaze me! They all look so much older! It must be the warm weather and the lovely fresh food!

  3. Leighleigh says:

    We stayed with a family in Croatia who bearly spoke any English and one morning the Grandfather offered me a fig (he was shocked I had never had one from a tree) I thought it tasted terrible, but still smiled and thanked him – he took that as meaning I liked them and bought me a handful over every morning – we stayed there for about 10 days….that’s a lot of figs…. I still really don’t like them!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *