BootsnAll Travel Network



LOST IN SPACE

I wondered why Pilgrims’ Progress was suddenly a hot destination when I hadn’t even posted anything for a couple of days. Here’s why: click me. Thanks Kristen!

Safety…..children….travel…..(you can see this post is inspired by Kristen’s own submission – thanks again Kristen!) So far we’ve travelled overseas (to Malaysia) with a seven-month-old and five and six year olds. Let me tell you, the baby is the easy one! You attach them to your body and don’t have to worry about them until they wake up.

Levi on the bus

Of course, we took precautions (we boiled all his water, permanently attached a sunhat to his head and didn’t take him into the forest as he had not taken malaria medication), but at least we couldn’t lose him! The five and six year olds were the ones we were CONSTANTLY looking out for. They had to be holding an adult’s hand unless they were granted special permission not to (like for photos!)

J&J watching our satay cook

And that is my concern for the upcoming trip. I’m not an octopus, so I don’t have enough hands to keep a hold of everyone. Neither (despite what the kids seem to believe) do I have eyes in the back of my head.
So we’ve been *in training*. Having decided Hong Kong was not the place to teach them how to stay together, for the last month or so, we’ve been buddying up whenever we’re out. A big kid holds a little kid’s hand At All Times. That way I only need to look for four pairs of children instead of sixteen legs or eight noses. Not wanting to draw any more attention to ourselves than is already inevitable, I decided against issuing headbands with blinking lights or luminous flags. And someone would be bound to lose their’s anyway, which would serve only to cause me more distress as I would think I’d lost a child, when in reality they’d only lost their head.
I did, however, wake in the middle of the night wondering about making little handcuffs wrist-bands to tie them together.



Tags: , , , ,

3 responses to “LOST IN SPACE”

  1. kate5kiwis says:

    this might go over your head (cos it’s a moooovie line)
    we often say to our gang:
    *do you have your exit buddy???*
    it’s fab, we first tried it two years ago with the cuzzies, for New Year’s Eve At The Mount… X

  2. admin says:

    You’re right, straight over the top. But my guess is something Star Trekky, getting outta da spaceship.
    We’ll probably stick with Pooh Bear’s “Think think think” before they even start to step step step into the hustling bustling market.

  3. kate5kiwis says:

    🙂 lol no it’s finding nemo
    the part where Squirt tells Nemo and Dory how to exit the E.A.C. (east australian current)
    see, watching movies is Very Educational X

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *