BootsnAll Travel Network



Last Night At Home

Another family moves into our house in the morning.
There’s no going back now!

Even though Malaysian Railways have cancelled our train tickets, M6 officially has bronchitis (and it took us sitting at the doctor’s surgery for an hour and a half to find out!) and my cardigan is not quite done…….Rob has finished work and The Adventure really gets underway tomorrow.

Anyone with children will understand about counting sleeps. But we count a special way, thanks to a neighbour-friend. Did you know you don’t count the last night, because you’ll be so excited you won’t sleep. Neither do you count tonight, because it is virtually over anyway. So even though you might think we still have three sleeps to go, there’s really only one more until we are on that aeroplane!



Tags:

9 responses to “Last Night At Home”

  1. Viv says:

    Good luck and enjoy the journey.

  2. Bev says:

    We’ll be following your progress with great interest and pray it will be all you hope for – start to finish. Will look in also on your blogs and follow you as you go – probably wishing that we’d been courageous enough to try something like this when we were many moons younger! Unfortunately we’re in that ‘too old’ bracket now – and can only sit back and watch others – but we’ll take pleasure in doing that and look forward to seeing your pics and reading about all of your adventures. Blessings!

  3. jen says:

    safe travels
    hope M6 gets better real quick and nobody else gets it
    praying for you all
    ENJOY the journey

  4. Craig says:

    Good luck to one and all as you begin your journey. We hope our paths cross in Asia. We are thinking of you and can’t wait to hear more about your adventures.

    Craig, Dani, Caroline & Conor
    http://www.thewidewideworld.com

  5. Don’t sweat all the small stuff – and it’s all small stuff. Once you are on the plane, whatever didn’t get done won’t get done. And it really won’t matter!!

    I hope M6 gets better QUICK!! There’s not much worse than traveling with a sick kid. I suppose traveling with EIGHT sick kids would qualify though…

    HAVE FUN!!!

    Nancy
    http://www.familyonbikes.org

  6. Sandra says:

    Thinking of you all Rachael. The tingling excitement in the airport lounge!! Go well and enjoy all you get to experience.

  7. Leighleigh says:

    I knew you would get it!! And I bet you are doing much sleeping right now – infact you guys could probably have skipped counting about a week ago!! (Grant actually made me promise not to teach Ems to count before her birthday – I was pleased I didn’t cause it was bad enough when I announced that it was her ‘Birthday Week”!!)

    Have a wonderful time – hope the kids all enjoy the plane ride (it’s my favourite part!!) can’t wait to read all about it – it was a little weird seeing the new family in your house – it will be even more weird when we go there for homegroup in a few weeks time!!
    Lots of love
    The B’s

  8. katie says:

    ha! yes i love the way that leighleigh does maths.
    missing you big time already, just got your *leaving* email!
    mwah X

  9. Sharla says:

    OMG i so used to do that when i was a kid when waiting for birthday and christmas!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *