BootsnAll Travel Network



it’s the little things

we’ve been crossing off the TO DO list……

add neck flap to son’s cap…..take daughter’s skirt in…..purchase presents for family in Malaysia (and then spontaneously make gift bags out of funky NZ fabric)….work out time line for purchasing train tickets (too scary to actually do it yet though, even though we theoretically could buy the first two tickets already as we will be on those trains in less than sixty days—eeeeeek!)….gather together items for first aid kit/medicine cabinet….print out all our memorisation work in a smaller font and squeeze it into a more portable folder….sew patches over old stains….organise arrangements with family who is renting our house…..wonder about changing banks to make use of the no-overseas-fees offered by a rival bank…..collect boxes to pack our stuff away in…..change buttons on second daughter’s top….return another stack of books to the library…..arrange to visit out-of-town friends one more time….make a wee protective bag to keep our NZ Book in….paste our favourite poems into a book to take (we decided our newly-acquired poem habit was one we couldn’t do without)….*knit knit knit* (I have got so much done – every spare-ish moment I can be found with needles in hand….now there’s just a few hats to complete, a cardy for me and my second cotton top is half done)….apply for homeschool exemption for M6…..attend a birthday party……get hair cut…..and we have even had our first “last visit” with someone.

Fifty days to go.

And you know what? All that goes on in the midst of “normal” life continuing. There are still meals to cook, toilets to clean, books to read aloud, extra children to babysit, a funeral to attend, words to spell, bread to bake, songs to sing, arguments to referee, washing to fold, money to earn, life to live.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *