BootsnAll Travel Network



Less than a year to go

In under a year we’ll be leaving.
So I thought it was no-longer-too-soon to start a blog.
We’ve already made plans, researched places, checked finances, tightened the proverbial belt, emailed faraway exotic locations, dropped hints at work that Time Off Will Be Applied For, got some sponsorship, had our seventeen year old packs mended, bought new packs for the Others Who Will Be Accompanying Us, drawn up itineraries, revised itineraries (as per the finances comment above), convinced Grandpa it’s for real and He Is Invited, improved our hiking endurance (and in the case of the baby, she’s learning to walk), trawled E-bay for vans and caravans in England (oh, the things you can do!), learnt Mandarin (well, the kids were doing that already….and the eldest has taken up Latin (not that we expect to meet any Ancient Romans), let word drop quietly amongst our friends and family that we are Seriously Doing This…oh yes, we are getting ready!



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “Less than a year to go”

  1. Hi, this is a sample comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

  2. jen says:

    yahoo I like this start
    look forward to reading more about your upcoming preparations and adventures

  3. It’s already more than 3 years ago,did you start travelling again each year?
    How do you choose your family destinations?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *