BootsnAll Travel Network



*GASP*

We’re going to need a miracle. So this will be a good place to link to the Seeing God page in the sidebar;-)

The nurse from our medical centre just called with the news of which vaccinations we need and how much they will cost. Never mind the Hepatitis A or B, the typhoid, polio, cholera, rabies or malaria – I was still reeling from the shock of the Japanese encephalitis numbers. “You’ll need three vaccines each at a cost of $115 per vaccine” I’m not sure if my brain was too numb or if the number was just too big to compute, but as I say, I didn’t keep up with any of the other figures she proceeded to relay to me. Not quite true, I wrote down four numbers – phone numbers. She suggested ringing round to see who would do the best deal. Either she was feeling very sorry for me and was just trying to make me feel better, or she truly believes at least one of those travel clinics will do a discount for the privilege of jabbing ten people, eight of them children. Can’t you just see them lining up to get to practise on children who wriggle and cry and scream and bellow and just generally freak out? Maybe we’ll need two miracles!



Tags: , , , , ,

4 responses to “*GASP*”

  1. Sharonnz says:

    Ouch – on the arm and pocket! Is Marc Shaw still in Newmarket? His practice did all mine back in the olden days & he’s a bit of a dag to boot.

  2. admin says:

    Newmarket? You’ve got to be kidding!!!!! We’d rather try the Avondale Market;-)

  3. jen says:

    that would more than the jabs themselves

  4. Kat says:

    Ouch on so many levels!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *