BootsnAll Travel Network



do not worry about what you will eat or what you will wear

Brasov, Romania

Our clothes are wearing out a bit. We’ve been living in the same two long-sleeved tops, two short-sleeved tops, two long pants and two short pants for over a year now. Handwashing gets things really clean, but it is also much harder on clothes than a fancy-schmancy washing machine (which I have missed far less than I anticipated – probably due in large part to the fact that the older five children wash all of their own clothes and Rob seems to squish the rest around the sink. He’s my hero!)
Romania is full of second-hand clothes stores, which in turn are full of reasonable clothes at more-than-reasonable prices. And so I’ve picked up a few pieces. If we had more time to sift through and try things on, we could get even more, but I’ve spent almost the whole day in front of the computer screen, tidying up the blog.
I realised I was waaaay behind on our Room With A View pictures. Not any more. If you really have nothing better to do and want to have a look at the 153 different places we have slept in so far, you can do so RIGHT HERE. Or if you’d like to see just a small selection from a hilltribe hut to a beachside spot, you can CLICK HERE.
While I was at it, I updated the DRESSED TRADITIONALLY page. It is about as sparse as our own wardrobes. We had a vision of taking lots of traditional dress pictures, but it just didn’t happen. I think we got a bit caught up with food pics! If you don’t mind slobber all over your keyboard, I’ve added lots and lots and lots of pictures to the NOURISHMENT TRADITIONS page. Warning: if you are on dialup, you’ll need to go and bake your bread for a whole week and pickle some gherkins while the page loads.

Exciting note for the sock-knitters, who follow this blog.
We brought along a few pairs of shop-socks and a pile of handknit socks.
Guess which ones have worn the best – by a looooong way. We don’t have one pair of shop socks without a hole (the last pair surrendered on our walk on Saturday). Only one pair of handknit socks has got a hole – and that was not made with proper sock wool. So there ya go. Keep on knitting.

PS It’s one month ’til Christmas!



Tags: , , , , ,

2 responses to “do not worry about what you will eat or what you will wear”

  1. Rose says:

    It’s nice to read this while I’m knitting a sock! I recently re-darned my first ever pair of socks (not made with proper sock wool) – still going strong after about 3 years.

  2. The Baddeleys says:

    one month till Christmas – so kids how many sleeps is that??? Come on – I know I trained you well!!
    (Grant wont let me teach our kids how to count sleeps….they are already far too excited….I am too to be honest…..we are counting down the days till the tree goes up!!)
    BTW – yesterday we sold our Baylys Beach place. We will update you in person, but it has been a read answer to prayer and we are just thrilled!
    Lx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *