BootsnAll Travel Network



DisneyDreams

A neighbourhood kid has just been to Disneyland.
No longer are our trip conversations centred around service-opportunities;-)

“We’d like to go to Disneyland too”
“It sounds like so much fun”
“What do you think Dad would say?”
“I’m sure he’d like it”
“He DID like it. We went on the fourth of July on our honeymoon. We were there when it opened and didn’t leave till it closed. Two in the morning or something.”
“Two in the morning? Really? After midnight?”

They didn’t realise we could be so crazy.

And it WAS fun.

But we’re not going to Los Angeles.
And shouldn’t we visit the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame if we are in Paris? Not Disneyland!

Then what should turn up on Boots-n-all, but a post about Hong Kong Disneyland. I didn’t even know there was one. Well, actually, there’s only half of what you’ll find in the other Disney Parks, but
a) that’s still more than plenty coz we’re not going to drag a two-year-old round a theme park till two in the morning AND, more importantly,
b) it costs half as much as the other parks 🙂

Half as much is still not cheap when you have to do the times ten thing though.
But the kids are scheming.
No fireworks next week.
No icecreams over summer, not even when we go camping. *Especially* not when we’re camping – coz it costs twice as much for icecream up there as it does at home and so we’ll save even more!!
All coins found on the pavement, under supermarket counters and down the back of Grandpa’s couch go in the Disneyland Jar. And to kick-start the jar we’re doing a Loose Change Hunt.

Will they manage to save $400 in the next ten months?



Tags: , ,

One response to “DisneyDreams”

  1. Karen Hamer says:

    I identify with this process. I was on my way to Haiti in December 1990 and I was NOT going to Disneyland.

    But I was staying in San Diego for a couple of nights and Disneyland was so close and it was Winter and nobody was there and you could go on rides one after the other without waiting in line for two hours for each one.

    I thought it would be good to contrast the opulence of the US with the poverty of the Third World after all….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *