BootsnAll Travel Network



a warwick, a warwick!!

by a tired, too-lazy-to-write Rach (a picture is worth a thousand words, so here’s a few million!)
Stratford-Upon-Avon, England

It’s the Disneyland of British Castles and Just As Much Fun.

We were there when the portcullis was raised in the morning and they almost had to kick us out at the end of the day! We climbed the towers, watched the trebuchet (twice), walked the walls, watched the jousting and fighting, climbed into the dungeon (and made fun shadows on the wall), wandered through the Grand State Rooms, admired more armour than our boys even knew existed, visited a Princess Tower, watched the eagles fly, threw rats around, sighed at the longbows and crossbow, sniffed deeply at the outdoor kitchen, enjoyed the incredibly realistic displays of life in the castle preparing for war…..it was an altogether fabulous day, well worth every penny it cost.

Here is a sampling of pictures from the day, and even more can be seen in this album.  (You should see the one of Lboy8 watching the joust – engaged, enthralled, captivated, petrified, he was!!!)

 

Time on the road: need to check Jboy13’s record!
Distance covered: 39km



Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “a warwick, a warwick!!”

  1. Sharonnz says:

    Oh, oh, oh…that would be Castle Heaven to my lot. Brilliant!

  2. Mike (init) says:

    Is that REALLY Her Majesty standing by the fireplace?
    And I thought she was on holiday at Balmoral…………!
    So glad you had such an enjoyable day – and the sun was shining!!!

  3. Fiona Taylor says:

    How amazing! I am off to view more photos 🙂

  4. Fiona Taylor says:

    Love the flickr photos. Do they regularly have these live days?? What a wonderful opportunity.

  5. nova says:

    wow wow wow and wow!! yup castle heaven! 😀

  6. rayres says:

    Oh yes, that was jolly good of Her Majesty to come up just to meet us, don’t you think?
    Live day – every day except Christmas Day. You could spend the whole day going from one show to the next and never even get inside the buildings there is so much going on! Conversely, you could go to none of the shows and spend the whole day inside – there is so much to see.
    And not only is the queen there, but so is Winston Churchill and Henry VIII with his six wives!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *