BootsnAll Travel Network



…40!

by the lady, who has known the birthday boy for over half his life so far
Yangshuo, China

 

Not many men would be satisfied with a pair of handmade socks and a made-in-China t-shirt with a dragon character on the front (perhaps as a reminder of the ride to Dragon Bridge yesterday?), but you’re not many men; you’re one of a kind.
Besides, you know there’s a brand spanking new camera coming to Hong Kong – LOL.

I hope you are not halfway through your life.
I would like to still be photographing you and knitting socks for you when you are well over eighty! Travelling with you too. Still adventuring, still learning, still discovering, still loving.

For the knitters, these are Vintage Purls sock wool done on a long 2.5mm circular, two at a time, toe-up using Turkish cast-on, 72 stitches. For anyone else, they’re size 11 – which equates to a lot of sock!



Tags: , , , , ,

8 responses to “…40!”

  1. nova says:

    happy birthday rob!! hope you had an amazing day 🙂

    (and rach- told ya that TKO would come in handy! 😉 and remember my little baby boy? he’s just started walking! it feels like you guys have been away for an age.. but it probably doesn’t feel like it to you!)

  2. Leighleigh says:

    As a ‘non kniter’ I have to say those socks look very professional!! I am so impressed I would almost be inspired to knit (I did say almost…)
    Happy Birthday Rob – this was an extreme trip to do to avoid a big 40th Bash!! Hop you had a great day (although all your days right now seem to have a degree of greatness to them!!!)
    Love
    Leighx

  3. grandpabear says:

    Count yourself lucky to be in China for your 40th. Had you been here, I’m sure Derek Hobbis (and friends) would have loved to have returned the ‘favour’ you and some friends visited on him, on his 40th. As I recall, there was a fog-horm involved in the wee small hours….? Anyway, as a Dad I can publicly congratulate you on attaining the ripeness of maturity. 40 years – and you are the youngest! Suffice to say that you (and your 2 sisters) have given me enormous pleasure over the years. Long may they continue. Happy Birthday, and God Bless you.

  4. Karli says:

    Hey Uncle Rob – Happy Birthday!
    That cake looks amazing.
    Last night Dad was having a rave about how you “wont be escaping from a big birthday bash that easy” and that we will just have to wait till you get back lol.
    Much love,
    Karli

  5. Jarrod says:

    Happy Birthday young man! – The Angoves (of the Jarrod and Jess variety!)

  6. Jenna Angove says:

    Happy Birthday Rob!

    The cake looks great. Rach the socks are fab!

    The Angoves ( of the Blake, Jenna and Izzy variety! )

  7. David Jensen says:

    Those are fiiiiiine looking socks you got there Rob.
    What’s with all the grey hairs man? You are starting to look a bit middle aged mate.
    Now there’s a cheerful thought…..
    Dave

  8. Just called my 74 year old wife in to read this.
    “Sounds like you and me, doesn’t it?”

    “Yes.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *