BootsnAll Travel Network



Slideshow Sunday

Brasov, Romania

Church again. This time at our apartment – makes sense – it’s the biggest one!
Almost everyone from the walk yesterday is here and a few more too.
We sing, predominantly in Romanian, but also in German and English. We pray. We open the Bible. And we consider *worship*.

We (Rob and I, not the whole group) have put together a slideshow. It plays….

 

 

 

 

(and a whole bunch more – this is just a small selection)

 

(and lots more…)

(and and and….)

We discuss. Someone reads some more Scripture. We pray. We eat together. We talk and listen. Most people leave, but some of the children stay to play. Their parents come back and we sit chatting for another hour.

We answer emails home. Grandpa wonders how we did the slideshow. He confirms that the questions we are being asked here are the same as the ones he’s being asked at home. We are all wondering which pictures to drag out into a short presentation – there are thousands, with a story behind each one!
So we ask you…..if you came round one night and could chat over dinner and then see a few pics, which ones would you like to see? We don’t – and most probably will not – have them in an album to flick through, so you won’t be able to pass quickly over the ones that don’t capture your interest. You’ll have to suffer through all that we pick out! What would interest you? What questions would you want to ask us? (maybe we can answer them in pictures). Also, would you want to know where every shot was taken? (Our Romanian audience surprised us by wanting to know). If you answer, consider yourself invited for a meal and slideshow on our return <wink>



Tags: , ,

9 responses to “Slideshow Sunday”

  1. The Baddeleys says:

    Hi ya,
    Hey I would love to use that slide show in church – maybe when you get back we could use it in February or something?? It’s brilliant!
    Lx

  2. Bronwyn says:

    We will watch all that we can and hopefully have at least 12 evenings in the next 12 months with you guys. Looking forward to being able to sit and chat again about life and the universe.

  3. Would love to see a selection of the people you met and the stories they told about their little corner of the world. Would love to see something of your travels through the eyes of each of the children. Would love our kids to meet, play together and for us to share some time together….isn’t the internet an amazing place!

  4. Gene Royal says:

    If My Father ever allows me to get to Kiwi Land, I guarantee I will find a way to show up at your door! I want to meet and worship with this family!

  5. Sharonnz says:

    You know M & I are already planning on taking you up on that offer;-)

  6. Catherine says:

    Maybe if you orgainise a slide show put down the bottom of the photo where it was area of the world it was taken. Maybe do several different selections – landscapes, castles, transport, food as examples. I don’t think anyone could really get a decient view of your whole trip in one setting so another option is just do one country so they get a good view of it rather than seeing hardly any of each country and trying to cover everything.
    Each person will have a different thing that will be what they want to know more about, me I just love to hear about anyones travel, to any where in world.

  7. Fiona Taylor says:

    I love the photos of the people you met and also those where we see your children interacting with people and things around them. Catherine’s idea of categorising is good.

  8. Tara J says:

    I’d love to see a selection of photos that each family member would choose and to hear them tell about their selection….but if they were tired of telling their story over and over again I’d like some people, food, housing and scenery pics from each place/country – in order from where you started……maybe some particular favourite foods….ohhhhh now that would be yummy…but not practical….I love photos. Could look at them for hours.

  9. katie says:

    yeah, i think it would be really cool for each bear to show’n’tell a few highlights or faves or not-faves…
    that should take most of a weekend
    *wink X

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *