BootsnAll Travel Network



medical matters

Just in case we lose the bag containing our on-road-medical-supplies and need to replace everything, here’s the list. Our lovely doctor definitely errs on the side of caution and would happily have sent us off with an epipen (given one son’s week-long hospital visit after a simple bee sting) and twice as many pills and potions, but he just smiled when I assured him we hardly ever take anything and yes the smallest packet of everything would be just fine thankyouverymuch.

standard strip dressing
scissors
tegaderm
non adherent absorbent dressings
combine dressings
gauze swabs
steristrips
triangular bandage
crepe bandage
tape
compression tape
gloves
face shields
tweezers
nit comb
tea tree oil
arnica drops
lavendar oil
redipred
savlon antiseptic liquid
safety pin
spacer
ventolin
flixotide
thermometer
syringe (for medicine – no needle!)
arnica cream
elocon cream
anti-flamme
savlon antiseptic cream
foban cream
micreme
zovirax
lip balm
chlorsig eye drops
metoclopramide tablets
maxalt
razene
nurofen
panadol
loperamide
panadol
augmentin
strepsils

STILL TO GET:
sunscreen
insect repellant



Tags:

3 responses to “medical matters”

  1. nova says:

    so trekking through mongolia you’ll have take a photo of your real drug mule with all that on it’s back! 😉

  2. Leah says:

    I just ask this out of curiosity, but why did you not take an epipen considering your son’s potentially highly dangerous allergy? I just thought it’d be far more important than a lot of the other things on the list – for example there were several sorts of antiseptics, several painkillers, several types of bandages, lavender oil??, etc.

  3. rayres says:

    At the end of the day, the doc agreed that administering redipred immediately should the son get a sting, would most probably work. His prior hospital stay was due to getting complications from a sting which was not “treated”. Make sense? The range of other things was largely due to the fact that we’d prefer to use panadol – but if that doesn’t work, then try the nurofen etc etc. By the way, the lavender oil was THE BEST! It was the one thing we used often;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *