BootsnAll Travel Network



08/03/09

by Rach
New Territories, Hong Kong

We left Downtown Hong Kong behind.

Headed to Tai Po Station on a train. (Had an interesting conversation with fellow passengers, but no time to divulge details tonight.)

Found the block we’ll be staying in for a few nights – bunking down quite literally on a generous guy’s floor (not in the highrises….just to the right of those other ones).
(By the way, Very Important Information: Mr Generous has bathroom scales, and even fully clothed with coins in our jeans pockets, they tell us we have lost 7 and 10kg each – can anyone tell me why Rob’s the one who looks like he’s lost the most? boo hiss And in case you think the scales are wrong, Dad is weighing heavier than at home and he hasn’t eaten that much good food in two days!!)

Wandered round “town”, found ourselves some dinner, and spied a great bakery for lunch tomorrow.

Still have to fill out ten application forms for Russian visas (at long last), hence tonight’s blog brevity.

All in a day’s work.



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “08/03/09”

  1. nova says:

    mmm look at all that lovely food!! and the walking must be doing you guys good huh? 😀

  2. Maurice says:

    Cracked up when I saw the post about the counterfeit money!! Just don’t get caught using the one I sent. Enjoy the real one, have a special night out…..

  3. rayres says:

    We nearly included a picture of the money a good friend sent – a side view showing the two layers stuck together……but instead, we’ll be publishing a post soon screaming “HELP. We need a get out of jail free card.” We used some counterfeit money to buy a counterfeit Rolex and got sent to jail – do not go past go – do not collect two hundred dollars!!!!!
    Thanks for the thought M – and the dough too – the real one, that is – we’ll let you know what we splurge on (maybe we should save it for China and really live it up).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *