BootsnAll Travel Network



Stuck in Auckland

Jim and I decided we were ready to leave Auckland tomorrow for Rarotonga and we called Air NZ to change the tickets and they said nothing is available any sooner. So we are stuck here for TWO MORE DAYS!! We were already bored of it here after one day. And it kills me to think that we are wasting time HERE that we could be spending in tropical paradise, OR that we could have spent MORE days someone else in NZ. ANYwhere else in NZ would have been better than here, almost. It’s just a regular big city. The only perk is cheap internet!! $2 an hour baby!

So anyway, yesterday we got here and ate the Oporto like I mentioned before. Then we paid to go to the top of the big tower that overlooks the city. It was neat. The best part was when this guy bungy-jumped off it. We were all inside and a flashing sign said, “Jumper in 5 minutes” and all the people inside the tower waited, and suddenly a guy on a string popped in front of our window, dangling a zillion feet above the earth! (I think it is the longest bungy in the world from a building or tower or something.) Then his cord released and he went down. It was cool.

aucky.jpgView from the top. See the volcano in the background.

On the way out I bought some Manuka honey face scrub. I lost my face wash (AND my trusty cheap plastic watch from Thailand!) in the last hostel. I have to admit, the honey stuff is neat and makes my skin feel soft.

After that I don’t remember what we did but it was probably boring. That night we ate lamb kebabs (I forgot to tell you, I found another meat that I like. Lamb. To me it is like beef flavored and beef colored, but the texture is way less fatty.)

Today we ate Oporto for an early lunch again. I think we are done with Oporto. It made my stomach hurt. Then, since we know we have so much time here, Jim went to a movie and I took the bus to an outlet shopping mall. It turned out to be crappy, but there was some cheap Adidas stuff there and I got a super cheap t-shirt and shorts. I came home and then went to a jewelry store and finally bought my mom’s present. Woohoo, it is so pretty but I can’t say any more. Then I caved and bought these awesome black Tahitian pearl dangly earrings for 50% off, $60 NZ (like $35 US).

I forgot to mention, we went to a used book store and found the Rarotonga book immediately. I was so pumped that we didn’t have to buy it new! So I’ve been pouring over that and getting more excited. It seems pretty cheap and the book just goes on and on about how stunning and gorgeous it is!



Tags:

Comments are closed.