BootsnAll Travel Network



Sir Sharm a Lot

VIDEOS!!

Snorkeling, fish, and me telling Jim it’s time to go back to the boat.


This fish kisses the camera


Kelly snorkeling in the Red Sea.. click to watch!

Today we ate our huge fantastic free buffet breakfast at our resort, the Marriott. Then we went and snorkeled some more. It was great – the water was so warm it wasn’t even hard for me to get in. I saw a crazy parrotfish-like fish but it had a small horn thing on its head! (Later note: it was a unicornfish).

unicornfish
Unicornfish

Afterwards we lounged and Jim did a dive in the afternoon. it’s really not very interesting. Being on a resort, you are so insulatad from the world. Why even travel? We could be in Mexico from the looks of it.
We have still had no luck figuring out our onward travel plans. We may just go to Dahab on Saturday, when we check out here. It’s supposed to be more laid back.

We took a bus into Na’ama Bay, the main town area here, and it’s just a gross Las Vegas-type tourist haven. But at least it’s something to do – if we stay at the resort it’s kind of like we are prisoners there because there’s nothing nearby to explore. This place is crawling with Germans, Italians, French and Spaniards.

Tomorrow we are going on a day-long snorkeling trip to Ras Mohammed National Park.

See you later!



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Sir Sharm a Lot”

  1. Rhonda says:

    Sweet Video! I love it! Still wondering what inspires you to snorkel in the Red Sea when you don’t even know how to swim? You’re a crazy girl:)

    Happy Travels.

    Oh, we’re thinking maybe Thanksgiving in Mississippi? Let me know your thoughts.

    Love you Crazy Girl

    Hi JIM!

  2. Patti says:

    Kelly, why in the world would you swim when you can’t???

  3. Cathy says:

    Hi:
    WHo did you use on the day long snorkel adventure to Ras Mohammed National Park; cool videos..thanks for the insights!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *