BootsnAll Travel Network



Shrek the famous sheep

The funniest thing happened here yesterday. Apparently there was this famous sheep named Shrek, and yesterday there was a half-hour special on TV where they sheared him.

Here is an article about him with pictures from CNN.
Now this was so ordinary sheep. He had tons and tons of wool on him, so much that it was freakish. It even hung over his eyes. So that is why he was famous.

So we sat there are watched this special, and they interviewed the woman who caught him and showed where they found him. It was a riot.

Then they sheared off like 27 kilos of wool (I keep wanting to say “fur” for some reason). It was pretty amazing since the animal was so tiny afterwards.

The announcer said that BBC was there, CNN was there, a Japanese TV station was there, all to see the internationally famous sheep…. yadda yadda… and Jim sniggered and said, “Yeah, they are there to make fun of them!” And sure enough, the next day, on CNN.com there was a video clip and it said something like, “Sheep shearing makes news in New Zealand” or something like that.

Yeah, we made fun of it, but not in a mean way. What can you say about a country that gets excited to see a hugely wooly sheep get shorn?? I say good for them that something like that can be fun!



Tags:

Comments are closed.