BootsnAll Travel Network



Pre-Spain

We are leaving for a short 10-day jaunt to Spain in three days.

We land in Seville, then go to Granada, Madrid, Toledo, and fly out of Barcelona.

Why are we going to Spain? Well, my guy and I love to travel but we both have regular JOBS with only a few days of vacation a year. We decided to focus on one country. Of course, we are only hitting a tiny, tiny, portion of Spain in 10 days but at least it is something.

We are traveling with a married couple that we hang out with a lot. They have never really been out of the US so it will be interesting!! 🙂

My guy has spent a lot of time in Spain, included two years when he lived in Barcelona. So not only is he the only one who can speak the language, he will know so much about the places we are going. I feel that is a good thing but a little of a bad thing– we will rely on him for all of our communication needs and not have to struggle through it ourselves (the struggle is the best part, of course.)

I started planning my packing and realized I am still SO in backpacker mode. I have to realize we are going to a first-world country (not a place like Thailand!) and only for a very short period (not like 4 months!) so I have had to change my mindset. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but backpacking is almost like sacred to me. I feel it is something I know about and am good at, and of course there are people who are MUCH more experienced than I, but it is a special thing to me. I know it sounds stupid…..

It doesn’t seem real yet… trips never seem real to me until I am on the plane or the plane is about to touch down and they announce it on the speaker. Awesome.



Tags:

Comments are closed.