BootsnAll Travel Network



Pics Added

A cool silhouette in Singapore of (I think) a Muslim building.

xfoodstand2.jpg
A foodstand in Thailand on Khoa San Road.

Another picture of a foodstand.

Darling Harbor in Sydney.

The surf competition in Newcastle, Oz.

Colored Sands on Fraser Island.

A sort-of-blurry shot of a guy bungeeing off the skytower in Auckland.

A weird…um, fish.

How I avoided the sun in Manly Beach, Australia: SPF Fleece



Tags:

Comments are closed.



Pics Added

G’day all,

I just spent an hour adding lots of pics. There are a bunch on the Fraser Island entry and ones in “Easter in the Sticks” and “Movin on up” I think. If you just scroll down you can see them. What do you think?

Currently we are in Airlie Beach and we go on the Whitsundays trip tomorrow. it’s supposed to be amazing. We are on the boat 3 days or so.

There are all sorts of boats/ships you can choose from, some have 14 people on board and some have like 45!! Ours has 20-something. You sleep on the boat. Everyone says that the tris is amazing. You do snorkeling and see SO much cool stuff. But you have to wear a “stinger” suit because of the deadly jellyfish. The only thing that worries me is that the suit doesn’t cover your head, hands or feet, and I KNOW I’ll be the one to get stung on my face or something.

The beaches are also supposed to be some of the best in the world.

Another consistent report we get is that the waves are extremely rocky and lots of people get seasick. I am quite worried about this.

Anyway, see you in a few days. When we get back, we might take a long overnight bus all the way to Cairns, our last stop in Oz. Then it’s off to COLD New Zealand!

Go Red Wings!

snakee.JPGA tiny snake in Airlie Beach.



Tags:

Comments are closed.



Pics Added

Hi all, I FINALLY found a place where I could put pictures on from CD. I swear, it was easier in Thailand! So look at the main Sydney entry for several pics and I added ones to the Full Moon Party entry and a couple others….let me know what you think!

I will write about the wine tasting later.

We’re in Byron Bay right now but unfortunately I gotta go since I don’t think I have enough money to pay for the ‘net! Later!!



Tags:

3 responses to “Pics Added”

  1. Carl says:

    Grrreat! /me likes pics!

  2. Carl says:

    Hey Kelly, perhaps this little tip can be of help for your image popups:

    http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e7callel/Popup_for_Kelly

    I made a popup script recently (to help somebody who asked for such a script at a forum), and I thought it might be something for you too. I believe there are a few advantages to using this code instead of the way you are coding now, for example:
    I think the popup window will appear faster with this code.
    You don’t have to make separate pages for the images – just call the script with the name of the image, its width, and its height.
    The script will open the popup in the right size, and if the image is larger than the available screen size, you will automatically be given a scrollbar.

    If you look at the URL above, you’ll see right away how to use the code (the script is put somewhere on the page, for example in the header, and then you call the popup script like I did on the example page. easy-peasy! :-))

    All right – you guys have a great day now! Take care!

  3. Carl says:

    One more thing: in case you decide to use that popup script the next time you add new pictures, don’t forget to add the script to the header of the main page too
    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/kelly/index.shtml
    (so the popups work both on the separate article pages AND on the main page with all the latest entries)