BootsnAll Travel Network



Our Big Trip: 2007 Edition

So I think we’ve finally decided on our next big trip, and it is indeed a biggy. They get farther away and crazier every year. I think next year we’ll go somewhere easy like Italy or something. I haven’t even been to Italy or France!

First, Jim was pushing for Tibet and/or Nepal. I agree it would be awesome, but I don’t know enough about either area to really have that burning travel desire to go. The airfare would be crazy expensive, and they are just so far away that it would take over a day just to get there and back, making our trip shorter.

I was pushing for Egypt. Ever since we went to Turkey and I realized just HOW CLOSE Egypt was, I have been dying to go. I was obsessed with ancient Egypt when I was a kid. Seriously, I was a ginormous Egypt nerd. I can tell you crazy stories. I think when I was little I once said my dream was to see the pyramids someday, but I never thought it would actually happen. Now I know, of course, the world is so small it can totally happen, and it will. No sweat!

SO, God willing, we are going to EGYPT!!!!

This is my “pipe dream” trip: Fly into Luxor, take the overnight train to Cairo, fly and bus to Dahab in Sinai for snorkeling/divinig, then travel to Petra in Jordan, then Jerusalem in Israel, and fly home from Jerusalem.

We hope to do this over Thanksgiving time, which would give me another 2 days off. I figure, counting weekends and holidays, if I left Nov 7 and returned Nov 24th, I can get a grand total of 17 days of travel!!!!!



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *