BootsnAll Travel Network



More on Whores and Ladyboys

So the other night, we went out with a Belgian dude from Jim’s Scuba diving class. We went to his hotel and another Belgian guy came with his Thai girlfriend. Jim and I had even talked about what would happen if one brought a Thai girl, and Jim thought it would be interesting anyway.

Well, turns out she wasn’t a paid girlfriend, but a very funny, cute, and nice girl. Just lovely! We went to an outdoor restaurant and I had some very spicy green curry! I drank an entire big bottle of water with it! When we went to a strip of bars, and I can’t even explain, it’s like a little alley that is JUST bars, and JUST bars filled with Thai girls waiting around for guys to come so they can get them to drink and spend money.

One bar was completely staffed by Lady-boys, which are obviously men dressed as women and who usually have real breasts ad everything. Let me tell you, these guys/gals look BETTER than most of the normal girls!! It’s AMAZING! And they are SUPER hard to tell–since they are very thin and shaped pretty much like Thai women. If they had a nice face, it is so hard to tell. The only way I could see is if they had slightly wide shoulders. But they were up on the bar dancing around, and so confident and proud. It was so strange. It’s like, here, the transvestites hold jobs and live their everyday lives AS transvestites.. like you’ll go to a department store and there will be a guy with maybe short or medium length hair.. with makeup and lipstick on. Very different than most transvestites in the US, who seem to keep hidden!

Anyway we played Jenga with one bartender, who was a very cute girl and seemed very nice. The one Belgian guy liked her and asked her… and she said, 2,000 Baht. He told me this, and it just hit me like, holy crap, this sweet girl will have sex with guys for $50….just like that! You just have to ask!! It was so weird. He didn’t take her up on it though because she was only available at a strange time during the night.

The whole atmosphere wasn’t maybe like you’d think– it wasn’t dirty or scary or dangerous at all. In fact, most girls wore more modest clothing than regular American girls would wear to a bar! (The lady boy were much more slutty.)

After a while we went to a club and let me emphasize that this place is for single farang men. Everywhere is the opportunity to find a Thai girl. I have to say, at least, it was interesting to see and brings up lots of questions. I mean, 2,000 baht is a lot of money and probably a lot more than most people make in a day…If you erased the sex trade from Thailand … wow, I swear some towns would go broke. It’s interesting but sad and weird and scary.

Ok, gotta go. Remind me to tell you about the roaches and the fruit basket and ….other stuff. After we left Patong we went slightly south to Kata Beach and we are now in Phuket Town. Tomorrow we go on a day tour of Ko Phi Phi, supposedly one of the most beautful islands in the world and the location of the movie “The Beach.” After that we’ll head a little north so Jim can dive at the Similan Islands (some of the best diving in the world) and then stop at Ko Tao and maybe catch a Full Moon Party (biggest beach party in the world).

Gotta go!! Bye!



Tags:

12 responses to “More on Whores and Ladyboys”

  1. jenny says:

    when I see “phuket” I totally giggle to myself because I read it as “fuck it” town…

    Is that how it’s pronounced?

  2. Mom (jim's mom) says:

    Hi guys. We miss you. Everybody is ok here. The house in the hamptons is almost ours. We just need approval of the mortgage and that will be it. We should have by May or June at the latest. We would like to see Jim’s pictures of him cooking and wearing the apron and the hat. We love you guys. We have been enjoying reading your blog and keep writing.

  3. dad (jim's Dad) says:

    Hi Jim . Hope everything is ok and that you are having fun.. Enjoy it while it lasts. By the way we recieved the bill from ConEd. It is over $100. Is Ed going to pay for the bill? Please let us know. Enjoy and we love you guys. Say hello to Kelly and see you soon.

    Love,
    Dad

  4. Rhonda says:

    Hi sis,
    Just keeping in touch. Love to read your posts and see your pics. Have you forgotten that you can’t swim? Just checking. Sounds like you’re having a great time. All is well here. We’re just waiting for your travels to land you in NC, USA. We love you and miss you. Say Hi to Jim too! Can’t wait for you to meet RTB (Russell Thomas Bernthal)! Later Gator,
    Da

  5. kelly says:

    HI everyone!!

    Jenny:that’s funny. :p

    Jim’s parents: We can’t believe you almost have the house in the Hamptons!! WOW! Jim is trying to find a place to call you here or he will email about the bill.

    Hi Rhonda. You are funny, it is true, I am not a water person, but I wear a life jacket like a big loser if I am in deep water, or I just stay in shallow. I was wondering if there was a way we could stop in NC before coming home but I don’t know… can’t wait to see everyone!!
    gotta go!

  6. kelly says:

    Jenny- I forgot, it is prnounced like poo-ket.

  7. jenny says:

    OMG, poo-ket is even BETTER than what I thought it was originally…

  8. Old Dad says:

    Draper is out 4 weeks, Dandenault out 4 weeks, Datzyuk out two weeks….. but the Wings look strong anyway. Its almost playoff time.

    Having a hard time holding your mother down since she saw Paree (read Florida). You got your adventurous spirit from her…. I have no desire to do the things you are doing, but she would love to. I went to that part of the world once – the first and last time.

    It’s getting close to Spring, and perhaps we will see some warm weather for a change. You sound like you are getting your share.

    You have a nice writing style…. too bad those New Yorkers have not snapped you up and hired you to write something. Hold on, it will happen.

    Wait until you see little Russell…. what a darling little baby – I say that after seeing a lot of them over the years. He definitely is a keeper.
    All the boys are cool – Jacob is like a little man now, Charlie is neat, and Max walks around with a chip on his shoulder – wants to destroy everything in sight…. like most “terrible twos” kids. He is a lot of fun to play with.

    Miss you, but hope you are enjoying each day.

    Love, Dad

  9. kelly says:

    Hi Dad, thanks for such a nice post. We met some guy from Vancouver the other day and talked a little hockey and I realized I didn’t know anything lately!!

    It is weird knowing that you saw similar stuff here sort of. Thailand can be a struggle and I wouldn’t recommend it to you guys.

    Glad to hear about the little guys.. it’s been so long since I saw them!

    ok gotta go!!

  10. Kevinthact says:

    arab gay dating free
    gay men dating site
    gay dating in boston

  11. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally…I am satisfied to search out a lot of helpful information right here in the publish, we want work out more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing.
    https://www.casinosite.link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *