BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving Chiang Mai

Jim and I realized last night that we need to make our plans for getting out of here. The night train to Bangkok for tonight was full so we got one for tomorrow. Then we got a flight to Krabi, which is in the south of Thailand amongst beach heaven. We’ll be in beaches for a while and no more of this “roughing it” crap. We booked it all through the guesthouse, which is common here. They obviously charge a commission but it is small enough and worth avoiding the hassle. All guesthouses are like travel agencies.

We ate some leftovers from yesterday for breakfast and I feel weird again, like a little dizzy. I don’t know if it is from the food, DEET fumes, maybe not enough protein or something, who knows. I bought vitamins the other day. But since we don’t eat chicken, I haven’t been eating much other meat either. Hm..

Saw that another person died of bird flu. Seriously, there are chickens and roosters everywhere here. If these people are serious about the disease they would take some action and get rid of those damn birds. Jim said we should walk around with blowtorches and take care of them.

Ok, gotta go. Sunday market is today.



Tags:

3 responses to “Leaving Chiang Mai”

  1. Delores says:

    I read your blogs and enjoyed the stories, all I can say is I’m glad I’m NOT there. But, I hope your trip continues to be adventurous and fun. The beaches in Florida are nice, too.

  2. Claire says:

    I’m glad that you’re heading out of there to something more civilized. Can’t wait until you cook me some new Thai food. I made the Mango Chicken for Delores today.

  3. kelly says:

    Hi Aunt Delores!! Cooking Thai food is easy, it is just getting the ingredients that will be hard. We are in Krabi now, way down south. Have fun in Florida!!