BootsnAll Travel Network



Island Paradise

snorkel.JPG
We took a cheap little tour from Ao Nang called the “5 Island Tour.” I don’t remember any of the islands’ names except Hong Island.

First we got on a rickety longboat with lots of Frenchies (fun group…NOT) and took a super long and uncomfortable ride to the first island, pictured here. The water was crystal crystal clear and you could see bright striped yellow and black fish. I even snorkeled a little bit, for the first time in my life. At one of the islands, I held on to Jim and we went in deeper water and even saw sea urchins and coral and stuff!! I was scared because I don’t like deep water and it was dark and just…weird!! But super awesome!

All the scenery was gorgeous and the water was clear and warm and amazing. So the trip was great, aside from long bumpy boat rise on wooden seats jammed against other people. The Thai tourist people really fill up their buses/tours/boats to capacity!

Anyway here are some photos. I think they are pretty cool. Hope you like!

* Me back at Ao Nang. Jim calls me “Sid” when I wear my hat and that shirt together. He says I look like an old Jewish guy from Fort Lauderdale.

* Jim snorkeling. I didn’t go in because it was deep and required real swimming.

Another cool beach scene.


Jim snorkeling off the boat. (on the right)



Tags:

One response to “Island Paradise”

  1. Carl says:

    *WOW!*
    Yeah, “Island Paradise” sounds like a good title… *amazing…!*