BootsnAll Travel Network



How Did My Travel Gear Fare?

Before my trip, I took a picture of some of the travel gear I had purchased. Now I”m gonna tell you how that all panned out.

Floss, Q-Tips, lotion, umbrella, sunblock: Obvious.

Detergent: I did use this several times to rinse out clothes. So I’d say it was pretty helpful.

Suction Cup Clothesline: Even though I would wash clothes, I didn’t like this clothesline. The suction cups weren’t strong enough to hold up wet clothes. Probably the biggest waste of time.

First Aid Kit: An essential. I used antibacterial gel, gauze and tape on the first or second day of the trip (for a blister). Tiny scissors are essential, too. Lots of bandaids. I took lots of drugs with me but didn’t use many except aspirin.

DEET Insect Repellant: This was great. DEET smells and is sticky and can kill you, but it works.

Tissues: Kind of another obvious one. The little individual packs were great if you needed toilet paper in Thailand.

Protein bars: These were good, but of course only lasted a few days.
Ok, they lasted one day, but that’s because they were too tasty.

Wetnaps: Waste of time. I just never used them.

Inflatable Neck pillow: Again, sort of an essential if you are going to be flying 29,000 miles around the world.

Travel toothbrushes: These are nice, but we ended up trashing them. If you are traveling for a longer period of time, you need a real stinking toothbrush.

Small locks: Great. These little locks worked on everything, from bags to lockers.

Hand Sanitizer: It was nice to have, and I used it a lot in Thailand.

Odor-Eaters Foot Powder: I liked this beacuse I have sweaty feet. But I don’t know if it worked or not.

Electrical Plug Adapters: An essential if you are going to plug anything in.

Calculator: Nice to have for figuring out conversions and seeing how much you spent that day.

Switchblade: An essential, if only for the little scissors.

Travel towel: The PakTowl doesn’t feel that great, but it works and dries fast. I would recommend getting the more expensive towel that is softer.



Tags:

Comments are closed.