BootsnAll Travel Network



Get Me Out of Here

Still stuck in Auckland. We call every day to try to get on an earlier flight, but they are booked.

So now we really are leaving tomorrow at around 7 pm. I am excited to go to a new place, and Rarotonga will be awesome. (I found a neat website. www.virtualtourist.com.)

So…yesterday we planed to take a short ferry to the volcano island, but it was pouring rain all day. So we got a day pass for the bus and went to Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic something or other. It had a replica of the explorer Scott’s hut and a walk-under aquarium. The one in Sydney was MUCH better so we weren’t impressed, unfortunately. The best part was when a little ride (A Snow Cat, like they use in the Arctic) goes thru their penguin enclosure. The penguins were awesome! But other than that, it wasn’t that great.

penpen.jpg

So we rode back and ate Oporto chicken burgers again. (For the third time. God, it is good.) I don’t even remember what else we did. Went back to the hostel, did laundry for probably the last time….

Then today we went to the wharf to cruise to the volcano, but it didn’t really sound that interesting. Sounded like it didn’t even look or feel like a volcano once you got there. So we took a very short ferry to the north shore (included on the day bus pass) and walked around for a while then came back and ate at a food court. They have great food courts here and they are everywhere and you know there will be Chinese, Japanese, Fish & Chips, Indian, Thai and more represented. They are great for us since Jim loves sushi and I hate it and I love Indian and Jim is sick of it.

So that’s about it, not much interesting to say.

In Rarotonga, there won’t be much net access and it will be expensive, so don’t expect much from me, unfortunately. Just hope I don’t get killed by a falling coconut (don’t laugh-it’s a real danger!)

See you later alligators!



Tags:

Comments are closed.