BootsnAll Travel Network



Gear

Here I’ve listed links that were useful to me in trip planning and gear buying.

The Great Escapade
This is where we bought our round-the-world tickets from London. They were the cheapest we could find for what we wanted. On the site is an interactive map where you can plan your route.

Walkabout Travel Gear
This site has pretty cheap travel accessories and a great feature where you can e-mail Mr. Electricity and tell him the countries you are visiting and what you need to plug in and he advises you of what converters/plugs etc. you need. (Note: I received the plugs and they are poor quality and some don’t even fit. I wouldn’t recommend getting plugs here, unfortunately.)
I like this site since it has a “small company” feel and its very simply laid out.

Sierra Trading Post
Cheap travel clothes and everything else. We went to the actual store in New Jersey and my guy found convertible pants for $25 – great price. Also got a PackTowl and one protein bar (since I was starving). The store was huge and had everything from tents, skis, canoes, boots, raincoats, everything. And cheaper than most places.

REI
I got my convertible pants here. This is only place I could find with petite sizes that fit me, since I am short, and apparently every pantsmaker thinks that not-fat chicks are also 5’10”.


Amazon.com

I got my Lonely Planet guidebooks here since they were cheapest–and free shipping.

Flyertalk
Interesting commentary on Frequent Flyer programs on travel in general. However this crowd seems to be old and rich and can be snotty. Not very budget minded, but a vast wealth of info if you can wade thru it all.

Boots N All
And of course, BootsNAll is awesome. I mean, they let me have this blog for free and it even lets me upload photos.



Tags:

Comments are closed.