BootsnAll Travel Network



Hello world traveller!

the background: i have been working at a local government agency for 7 1/2 years. although i have dreamt of traveling to exotic places for as far back as i can remember, one day about six or eight months ago, i decided it’s high time i get out of the day to day routine, strap on the backpack, and go see what’s out there beyond the 7 by 7 mile City i call home. i could think of no solid reason to NOT go, except for those pesky details like The Job, The Mortgage/Bills, The Debt I Will Incur. those are valid points, i admit, to preventing one from taking on such a gargantuan journey; however, i feel that life is too short and we only get one shot on this God Forsaken Planet, so why not seize the day, get out there and experience every culture you can while you can. maybe i’m just naturally curious. i’m a taurus. maybe that has something to do with my wanderlust and curiosity. that and, despite being (a) female, (b) blonde, (c) traveling solo, i’m really, really unafraid of what lies ahead. i like to think that i have a sufficient amount of moxie to get me through the “trouble spots” which are inevitable, and look forward to absorbing as much knowledge and experience as possible in the coming year. am i crazy as some say (you know who you are)? maybe. a little crazy, a little brave…even a little jealous of those who’ve already gone and done a trip like this.



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “Hello world traveller!”

  1. carolyn says:

    well, you know me, I’d never call anyone crazy for trying to do something they’ve always wanted to do (okay, well, maybe killin’ is out) and i think you are f**king awesome for trying to do this, as so many people are afraid to do what they want. yay! you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *