BootsnAll Travel Network



always changing…

as expected and already, the RTW route is changing. having gotten a couple more connections to/for MUST VISIT places and must meet people, i may have to bump up Turkey, add South Africa and possibly Singapore and/or Hong Kong, and cut short the Myanmar portion (due to the violence there now), although i’d hate to miss out on visiting Burma next spring because of the military vs. monks chaos over there (uh, yeah, didn’t this happen back in 1988 already? do they really have to go through all of this sh*t again now – just give democracy a chance, ya maroons, regardless of how modified/muddified it may be). i saw “beyond rangoon”; i know the score…anyroad, stay tuned…there will be other modifications to the Odyssey, no doubt even before i leave home.



Tags:

2 responses to “always changing…”

  1. sadie says:

    hey girl. i wouldnt worry about the burma thing, but as you meet other travellers they can give you their perspective. it used to be that the gov. of burma would not let you exchange money with the locals, and so you would have to give all your cash to them, but there are ways around that. i have heard that it’s beautiful there and the people need sources of income. you will figure it out. i doubt you will be in danger.

  2. karen says:

    sarah,
    thanks for the tip on Burma, as well as all of the other useful tips and anecdotal info you’ve given me lately. i completely agree that the best, most up-to-date information can be gotten from fellow travelers along the way and plan to use as much of this type of reference as i can as i go. rest assured i will be looking to you for more good info/references/recommendations as i make my way around since i know you’ve been EVERYWHERE and know many, many, many things about most of the places i’m going.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *