BootsnAll Travel Network



Luggage overflow and insomnia

So while everything was listed in my excel planning file, it seemed harmless enough: sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, hiking boots, sticks, 2 hiking pants, 2 fleeces…. etc.  Now that I’ve tried to cram it all into suitcases, I am feeling a bit more overwhelmed.  Don’t be fooled by all the lists and literature: this is a big undertaking!  and I have the luggage to illustrate it!

Finally convinced I can’t re-arrange any more effectively, went to bed early to have a last really good night’s sleep before my journey begins (and by the way, Jill is already on the road I’ve got the first text message  that connection #1 is concluded and travel is less than ideal so far…not sure what’s happening but will find out soon enough).  Unfortunately at 1;30 am I was wide awake again and am wondering if this is the sleeping pattern I’ll have to get used to up on the mountain.  Argh.  Just packed a couple more melatonin to ensure nights 1 and 2 at the hotel before we commence are a bit better than this.



Tags: ,

One response to “Luggage overflow and insomnia”

  1. Judi says:

    Yeah, just wait till you see Jill’s packing. . . She got rerouted through Denver cuz of storms in Chicago, so that may have contributed to the less than ideal travel conditions. We have not heard from her since departure though.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *